If you have any questions,
comments, or general feedback,
feel free to email me at
jabailey@ucdavis.edu

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Hanks Gourmet Root Beer

I didn't find Hank's root beer, it found me. Rather fans of Hank's found me. Well they strongly recommended it to me at least. Things like "it's the best root beer ever!" we're thrown around about the greatness of Hank's. This caused my 'woah bro' alarm to go off big time. Skeptical as I was, I had to see what the hype was all about.

As I poured Hank's into a frosted mug (the best and only true way to drink a root beer) I knew it would be good. It poured very smooth and had minimal foam. It smelled great and the flavor didn't disappoint. 

Hank's has a great flavor and is highlighted by the vanilla flavor. Unlike most root beer, the vanilla flavor persists and runs throughout the taste, as opposed to just an aftertaste or single note.  The carbonation in Hank's is very balanced and is key to its success. The best attribute about Hank's is its smoothness and great drinkabillity.

My only knock on Hank's may seem like a nit picky one but it exists nonetheless. To me Hank's is more of a cream soda root beer hybrid as opposed to a pure root beer.  Now this is offset by just how good it tastes but it does effect the score.

This is the part of the post where I stall/mourn before giving my rating for Hank's.  I feel like I have to say a few words about my boys, the Houston Texans.  This past weekend they fell to the Baltimore Ravens in the playoffs. They had a great yet injury riddled season and managed to succeed through the loss of 2 of their 5 best players.  This gives me hope that they will be back next year which is something I don't often have. So all in all I say, Good run boys, see you next year!

Anyways, back to your regularly scheduled root beer programming...
Hanks Cream Root Beer (my nickname for it) gets a 
............


8 cream sodas out of 10

2 comments:

  1. Root beer-cream soda hybrid? I'm for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like your commentary on the Texans deters from me truly enjoying this experience. I hope that one day I get to try Hank's as reading this article made my mouth water. "It found me" <-gold. I can't wait for your next posting!

    ReplyDelete