If you have any questions,
comments, or general feedback,
feel free to email me at
jabailey@ucdavis.edu

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Sparky's (Terrible) Root Beer


In the interest of full disclosure, this review may be artificially inflated. My Houston Texans just forced a fumble on the first play against the Colts and scored two plays later. I'm pumped. Some may call it juiced.

With all this in mind Sparky's is not good. I'm a root beer guy and still do not enjoy drinking it. Sparky's is what root beer flavored medicine would taste like. It's like drinking good root beer and eating Sourpatch Kids in the same mouthful. Folks, we are verging on DAD's territory here. I could not be in a more lenient mindset while drinking this. I'm watching my favorite team dominate, yet I can't get my mind off how bad this is.

Alright, I guess I should describe Sparky's (yuck). First off, the soda seems flat. I mean, I know its not, but it seems that way. Well played Sparky's, not sure how you pulled that one off... There is a honey and vanilla flavor but there is no sweetness to go with it, so I am not sure what to make of it. To cap it all off, there is a medicinal note. This isn't an artistic bitter note to counterbalance sweetness. It legitimately tastes like root beer cough syrup. Not cool Sparky's, not cool...

I guess its fitting that as I finish this atrocity, the Texans just lost a fumble. After this, I am looking forward to tasting Virgil's root beer.

Sparky's gets a disappointing

1   Texan's fumble out of  10


I guess I didn't inflate anything after all...

1 comment: