If you have any questions,
comments, or general feedback,
feel free to email me at
jabailey@ucdavis.edu

Friday, December 16, 2011

First things first

My name is John Bailey and the most important thing about me relating to this blog is that I LOVE Root Beer. It is the best soda. Period. End of story. But not end of blog, because there are literally hundreds of different root beers out there. Each with its own nuances and subtleties. My goal is to try and review all of them. This could be a heckuva process, but since it involves drinking root beer, I am so down!

 My root beer arch-enemy is DAD'S root beer. It is the only one I have ever disliked. And it was bad. Like really bad. Safeway (trademark?) brand root beer was 10 times better. And that is saying something... I am, however, willing to give DAD'S a second chance (not only because i last had it at a bad Chinese restaurant when I was 10), but don't be surprised if it gets a 1...

This leads me to my rating system. I will use a 1-10 scale with a 0 being DAD'S. For the sake of full disclosure I will be a tough grader because I would gladly drink a 3.  So its pretty simple 0 = DAD'S and 10 = Oh my gosh I am quitting all other root beers.  And since I feel like I am rambling, I'm going to watch some oh so appealing, Pistons-Cavs preseason basketball. (Yay??)

1 comment:

  1. Hey John! I'm inspired by your goal of trying them all! But I pose a question for you, what if you try a root beer that is worse than DADs?? (I feel sorry for your tastebuds already) I just want to be fully able to understand your further posting:) God Bless!

    ReplyDelete